How to wear lingerie with the lights ON!
Well, Friday is Valentines Day. That means trying to find something new and different to wear for our partners. Valentines day is about having fun with the person you love. Lingerie is like good wrapping paper. As pretty as it is, you want to see what is inside. Most men will say, “The best lingerie is found on the ground.” Men are visual creatures. Women are emotional creatures. In order to get the cuddly response you want, you first need to get their attention. Below I have listed a few tips for each body type.
This is the most common shape for women. Fitted tops and loose bottoms will help maximize your figure. If you go with something short, try to buy an A-line style or something not too tight. Here are a few good examples:
- Corsets-These will push up your bust without padding and pull in your waist. Everyone looks great in a corset. (I used to model for a corset company, so these photos are from a decade ago.)
- Cami & shorts set will cover your hips and accentuate your bust.
- Long night gowns show your curves while shading the areas you are shy about showing off. Make sure to buy according to your largest point of the bust and hips! Size up if need be.
- Sheer cups show off your bust without padding. (FYI, most men are not fans of padding. ) If you want the appearance of a bigger bust, wear push up bras without heavy padding, sheer lace or mesh on the top instead. You can find cute bra tops that show off a lot of skin like the leather corset photo of mine below.
- Stay away from thigh high stockings as most of them don’t fit larger legs and end at the widest point of your thighs.
- Halter top styles will look fantastic on you.
Believe it or not, hourglass women often wish they were thinner and don’t always appreciate what they have. With an hourglass figure I would advise buying according to your bust and hips measurement, not by your clothes size. For both pears and hourglasses, stretch fabrics are your friend. You must buy things that stretch to be comfortable and show off your figure. Fabrics like chiffon can be worn but size up! What can be worn by pear figures can also be worn by hourglass figures. More info below under SIZING.
- Body stockings are a fabulous way to cover your legs. Most of them have an open gusset so you don’t need to take it off. Lace and fishnet are fantastic for hourglass girls.
- Corsets-Everyone looks great in a corset. For larger busts, buy a corset WITHOUT underwires or defined cups as shown in the photos. Corsets with cups rarely fit over a C cup. You can always wear a slip on the bottom or a long line garter belt/girdle for more coverage.
- Long night gowns show your curves while shading the areas you are shy about showing off. Make sure to buy according to your largest point of the bust and hips! Size up if need be. Again, underwire cups will probably be too small if you are over a C cup.
- You might not like your bust, but I am almost certain your partner loves it. So, don’t be afraid to show off your bust with open cup styles, sheet tops and deep V necklines.
Pears and apples have a lot in common and many of the same rules apply. The main difference I see is, apples seem to always have the best legs. I’m so jealous! So, short styles will be great for you. Here are a few good examples of styles you will look great in:
- Waist Cincher Corsets- These can be worn all night and will give you great confidence in hiding your tummy. Once you get used to wearing one, you will love it.
- Baby doll styles are your best bet. They show off everything good and hide what you don’t like. They will accentuate your bust and your legs!
- Keep the hem length short. Long styles don’t work for you.
- High waist styles are always best for you.
- Lacy patterns hide tummies very well but only if they are loose. Tight bras are great but always keep the fabric loose in the middle.
- Stay away from 2 piece items unless you wear a waist cincher with it.
With your thin frame you can wear everything the rest of us wish we could. 🙂 Focus on wearing things that show off your tone. I would stay away from padded bras, as no man I’ve ever known likes them in the bedroom. Outside the bedroom, they are awesome!
- Garter belts with thigh high stockings look great on you.
- Triangle bras are perfect for smaller busts.
- You can pull off a g-string very well. Boy shorts with your cheeks showing gives the illusion of more curves.
- Low waist styles that show your belly button are best. High waist styles will make you look less curvy.
- Two piece sets will show off your buff body best. If you are trying to hide stretch marks or scars, try a lace fitted bodysuit or a one piece teddy with high legs.
- Strappy styles will give you the illusion of curves.
- Stay away from long gowns. Go with above the knee length gowns if possible. Longer styles tend to elongate and slim the body. Shorter lengths will give you a curvy appearance.
PLUS SIZE TIPS
- Stay away from big weave fishnet! Our chubbies tend to escape in the weave and it’s not pretty!
- Chiffon robes are your friend! You can still see through them but they cover a lot.
- You can always wear a slip on the bottom to cover your tummy, hips and thighs.
- Corsets are great for plus size girls. If the corset isn’t the highest quality, buy one that fits 2 inches smaller than your waist. Leather corsets ar heavy duty and fit 4 inches smaller so you can cinch them. Anything more than 2 inches less than your waist in fabrics like satin, etc will tear if you get them too small. Trust me, I have busted many corsets over the years due to my size. You don’t want an Ursula moment in the bedroom.
SIZING AND FIT
- If you are busty, buy separates or a bigger size. Buy lingerie by your bust and hip size, not your waist size. Lingerie is always always alwaaaaaaays made smaller.
- Check the size chart. We Americans are much bigger than the Chinese who make most of the clothes. FYI, a size large from China is a size 8 US. Don’t get discouraged when you have to buy a 6XL. It’s just a number, it doesn’t matter. Cut out the tag and forget it!
- Since trying on lingerie isn’t an option when buying online, measure yourself so you aren’t upset.
DON’T LIST (Helpful tips from the older married lady!)
1. Don’t expect big gifts (Unless your partner usually treats you terribly, then he better spend BIG and pray you don’t leave!) If he is a normal guy, don’t ask for dinner, roses, a movie, jewelry, etc. Just dress up cute and relax. Have fun. By telling him/her they are your greatest gift, it cuts the pressure of Valentines Day. You don’t want expectations, financial pressure, guilt or shame in the bedroom. Those emotions will ruin everything. Put all that aside for the evening and just enjoy your partner.
2. Don’t wear something so expensive you will be upset if it gets torn or damaged. Some women expect so much on Valentines Day, they forget their part. GRATITUDE without expectation of return will go a long way. For us working class folks, we are tired when we get home. We have worked hard all day. Valentines day is a day to show the people you love how much YOU care about THEM. True love is given without expectation of return. So, dress up, have fun and don’t expect anything. I think you will be surprised how much your partner will appreciate that.
Let me know what you would like to see us feature on Mass Appeal. We want to know your thoughts and comments on the show. See you soon and thanks for watching!
*Many items shown are from MKG Fashions. Each outfit costs only $8. I must say I was surprised how nice the items were. They have sizes for everyone. I bought a 2xl for me and it fits well. Thank you MKG Fashions for collaborating with me! Click here to buy!