Freezing cold temperatures can put a damper on your ability to look fashionable. Today on Mass Appeal we are going to show you how to dress in a way that will keep you warm and looking smart from morning till night.
1. Start with some opaque, preferably fleece-lined tights. They keep in the warmth and any bulges you might want to hide.
2. Choose a lightweight dark colored dress preferably black that will match with everything. It need not be warm because the other layers you’re going to add will be able to keep you warm and stylish. The dress is a foundation not the main attraction.
3. Add a pullover sweater, preferably one with bright colors that will be suitable for daytime wear. Now you can add your jewelry. Daytime workplace jewelry should be bold a fun. Keep the fine jewelry for more formal occasions and evening events. A chunky necklace, a pair of hoop or dangle earrings and a statement bracelet are great pieces for daytime wear. Costume jewelry is fantastic for work or play because you don’t have to spend a lot of money to look great.
4. Adding a jacket such as a blazer or a cardigan sweater will add to the daytime look and will transition nicely to evening.
5. Winter boots are fantastic to keep your footing and look perfectly presentable with a dress especially for day wear. If the boots have heels, add some winter sandpaper pads on the bottom for snow.
TRANSITIONING DAY TO NIGHT
As you transition from your work day to evening wear you can simply remove the boots and put on your pumps or flats. Then, remove the pullover sweater and scarf and change your jewelry to more elegant pieces such as a gold pendant, a nice silver necklace or a few rhinestones. You can wear your blazer open and show off your jewelry with the little black dress!
HELPFUL HINT: I always keep a small bag with baby wipes, makeup, a lint roller, a sweater and a pair of high heel shoes in my car, just in case.
That way, I can change up for dinner after being a busy Mom all day if my hubby and I are going out.
Very cute and reasonable ideas to always stay fashionable and up to date without hiring an entire team to style you. Thanks Malena!